Sunday, August 8, 2010

CAVOK - say what?



OK, so the view is a bit different to what you get when you're in the aero position on your tri bike. There's still a bit of that going on, but it's time to write about other stuff. I enjoyed the reflective nature of my last blog http://kiwiinkona.blogspot.com, so I've simply re-invented myself, so to speak.

I'm back into my flying with a vengeance, and an aim. It's time to knock off my commercial pilot licence, and the first step is completing the cross-country phase. More on that later.

So, what on earth is CAVOK you ask? Actually, it fits. In the flying world, this is just a weather term for "Cloud and Visibility OK", or in other words, great flying weather. It just seems to be a good fit, and besides, I wasn't imaginative to think of anything else.

But this is only a short entry, just so i could link the old site to something....so that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment